I suggest you ...

To fix known bugs before implement new features.

Daminion has a number of bugs with different importance. Some of them are known a year. But Daminion Software prefers to implement new features. And official releases published at website (not test builds on forum) are have them all - bugs and features.

This software is still very good and "pros" are more significant then "cons", but they will be accumulates. If Daminion will have much capabilities, but most of them will be with some annoying bugs users will start to find better software.

62 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Cactus shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

A lot of bugs were fixed in the 4.0 and 4.1 versions

• Jacal commented  · 

The -exif:Artist tag, for instance, seems to be ignored for raw images. I have reported this, with no response, so I don't even know, whether there is some reason for this behaviour.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I suggest old bugs fixes always get posted to lower version numbers (3.x.old), new features only get posted to current generation (3.x.new) and bug fixes done when practical for development.

• Stijn commented  · 

Not that I found any bugs after testing several days (V3.4), but this is key to any great software. We just can encourage development to stay tuned :-)

• Cactus commented  · 

Look at forum. Bugs are not critical, but brings inconvenience. Some of them fixes quickly, but some lasts for year and more.

Feedback and Knowledge Base