I suggest you ...

Automation and Scripting

Daminion needs the ability to automate various tasks. Once I import my stuff and categorize it completely, I want to make it easier to add to it. With each new set ot media added, there should be a series of categories assigned automatically, using the same heuristics that were used to categorize the media in the first place.

A heuristic is a "rule of thumb" - a simple rule that says how to handle media import, categorization, syncing, exporting, and so on. The Rules define my workflow.

An example: parsing a file in a folder. If each folder comes with a file that describes its contents, i should be able to parse it, and assign categories from it.

Then, going beyond simple rules, I should be able to script my entire workflow, from ingestion, asking basic questions about the media to automatically assign categories, create galleries, sync and export -- I should be able to script the entire thing, and have it apply to any ned media that I add to the Catalog.

I realize that this is no simple thing, but to realize the true potential of DAM, with very large data sets that evolve over time, more automation is needed.

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)